Summer comes and goes quickly… so how can we snag some much needed R&R in a world filled with constant technology and truly “un-plug” before the fall arrives? Sometimes a getaway, where cell and internet service are unavailable, is the answer. But what if you don’t have the time or the budget set aside, or even the energy to take a trip? Staycations in the comfort of your own home are a wonderful option and possible to pull off! Here are a few tips to enjoy your home and make sweet memories this summer, getting a little retreat from the world:
1. Put all paperwork and mail in a box. Out of sight, out of mind to allow for peace away from those nagging “to do’s.” You would not be looking at the bills if you were away, so hide it until your staycation is over. If you want to go one step further, you can even have the post office hold your mail.
2. Take your vacation outside. Sip on your cup of morning coffee as you enjoy the morning sun. Cook and eat outdoors for your meals. It’s fun and involves less cleanup.
3. Really want it to feel like a vacation? Hire a house cleaning service before and also after your “staycation” to really ease the urge that you need to be doing something. Then turn on some beach-style or soothing music to help you get in the vacation mood, and keep the music playing throughout the day.
4. Act like it’s vacation! Put your electronics (phone, laptop, tablet, even your TV remote if needed) in a drawer so you cannot see or hear them so that you don’t give in to the temptation to “check in” on anything. Go outside to read the book you have been meaning to read, journal, catch some sun and watch the clouds, or just actually stop and really smell some roses.
5. Make it memorable by taking pictures. Some of the best memories are made right in your own home!
Here is a link to my pintrest page with more ideas on how to make your staycation memorable and unwind in your own home. We would also love to know, are you planning a staycation this summer? What do you plan to do?
Photo Source: iheartnaptime.net, bestfitnessplr.com, stepbystep.com, parentmap.com